When Google first announced their plans to bring "Street View" to the Grand Canyon using a backpack version of their camera car, I was a little dubious. Then I happened across the actual result and I have to say:
- The line "Grand Canyon: Address is approximate" really cracks me up.
- I bet backpack manufacturers are really bummed that you can't really recognize their logos or packs in the images.
- How freaking cool is this whole idea?!
- Okay, that lasted about ten seconds. Why am I sitting at my computer staring at a virtual hike? Time to head outside!
- Hey, Google -- how can I get that job? No, really, I'd haul a camera around for you. Call me!
What do you think? (Their peek behind the scenes is pretty cool too.)
Photo © Lisa Maloney: Okay, Google Street View. You've got the Grand Canyon. But have you got THIS? I don't think so!